There is no better time for Local Economic Development (LED) training program than now. LED approach to economic development places importance on activities in and by cities, district and regions rather than waiting for aids and funding from international donor agencies to propel development. This involves added micro-economic measures at the local level to complement macro-economic measures at the national level.
LED encompasses a range of disciplines including physical planning, economics and marketing; all with the goal of building up the economic capacity of a local area to improve its economic future and the quality of life for all. It is our belief that this training program will be part of the building blocks to fulfilling the 2030 agenda for sustainable development goals of the United Nations.
- Approaches to Development
- Local Economic Development Strategic Planning
- Community & Cultural Aspects in Local Development
- Gender Planning & Development
- Agricultural Projects in Local Development
- Tourism as a Development Tool
- Introduction to Computer and its Application to Development
- Environmental Impact to Economic Development
- Guides to Proposal Writing and Funding Opportunities
- Local Investments and Business growth
- Participants Project Presentation
- Field trips & Practical Applications
To learn more and to apply, click HERE.