Who we are:
CGIAR is a global research partnership for a food-secure future. CGIAR science is dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources and ecosystem services. Its research is carried out by 15 CGIAR Centers in close collaboration with hundreds of partners, including national and regional research institutes, civil society organizations, academia, development organizations, and the private sector. These 15 Centers have close to 10,000 staff based in over 50 countries.
The CGIAR System Organization, which is an international organization headquartered in Montpellier, France, provides governance to the CGIAR System in collaboration with the System Council and has about 40 staff. The Organization is committed to cultivating a work environment that reflects teamwork, gender equality, and respect for diversity. We endeavor to foster a multi-cultural environment that is free of any form of harassment and discrimination; and that embraces and values individuals regardless of age, ethnicity, race, gender, national or social origin, marital status or any other form of personal identity.
Please find more information about CGIAR at www.cgiar.org
The ICT team’s overall goal is to work in partnership with the CGIAR Centers to deliver an integrated, efficient, and secure working environment where information is readily available to help advance CGIAR research. The role of ICT Officer offers a fantastic opportunity to contribute to this goal and make a positive impact by supporting the use of technology in the CGIAR System Organization, enabling the delivery of effective and secure IT systems and contributing to development and implementation of IT standards and policies.
The ICT Officer designs ICT operations, service delivery, architecture and information security; playing a key role within the CGIAR System Organization to support delivery of the ICT strategy by contributing to 4 strategic pillars:
- Efficiency and Operational Excellence
- Risk Management & Information Security
- Data Management & Analytics
- Collaboration & Knowledge Management
Specific duties include:
- Manage the overall technology infrastructure for the Organization including planning, implementation, and management of the software applications and hardware infrastructure that support operations, liaising as relevant with technology service providers.
- Propose design improvements to the Organization’s ICT architecture and work with the ICT Business Partner to integrate requirements into the ICT strategic framework.
- Support and contribute to IT-related tasks or projects through the implementation of appropriate technologies and solutions.
- Support the CGIAR ICT Community of Practice to leverage collaborative IT services and infrastructure across the System.
- Act as the principal administrator and ensure the maintenance of the Organization’s systems, including: general computer support; software installations; license management; server set up and management; database administration; network, printers, audio/video conferencing and mobile phone support; deployment of equipment; management of inventories; disaster recovery; and periodic security vulnerability assessments.
- Manage support services for the Organization’s IT systems, platforms, and products; including management of IT support technician(s), communicating job expectations, and appraising performance as appropriate.
- Provide user training on common business applications and use of systems.
- Develop and update IT processes and procedures, and ensure they are properly documented.
- Support the procurement process for IT equipment and services.
- Undertake such other duties as may be requested by the ICT Business Partner to support delivery of the ICT strategy and the Organization’s business plan.
For more information about qualifications, competencies and application procedure, click here.