The Secretariat of the Global Forum on Agricultural Research and Innovation (GFAR) operates through donor Trust Funds, established and administered as a project in FAO, with the Secretariat hosted in FAO by agreement between FAO and IFAD. GFAR works to make agri-food research and innovation more effective, responsive and equitable, towards achieving Sustainable Development outcomes. GFAR is a networked organization, made up of Partners working together, through collective advocacy and actions, to shape the future of agriculture and food and their role in achieving sustainable development.
The Information Technology Specialist will work under the general supervision of the Executive Secretary, GFAR-OING; direct supervision of the Programme Officer, GFAR-OING; and with the direct guidance from colleagues in the GFAR Secretariat working in the area of communications and outreach.
The Information Technology Specialist will support GFAR-OINGD in technical matters related to the maintenance and optimization of GFAR externally hosted websites.
Tasks and responsibilities
1. Update GFAR website content management system (CMS) to Drupal 9, developing in-house any modules not available in the open source community.
2. Perform data migration, implementing custom migrations if necessary.
3. Perform server maintenance tasks and upgrades/configurations outside the coverage of the hosting company’s technical support.
4. Liaise with the hosting company to solve server issues.
5. Implement any new security measures as necessary.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Bachelor’s Degree(s) in computer programming, information technology, Computer Science or a web technology related field
• Five years of relevant working experience in client- server architecture and proficient in the maintenance and administration of Drupal modules and sites
• Working knowledge of English and at least limited knowledge of another FAO language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian) for Consultants. For PSA.SBS working knowledge of English is sufficient.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Excellent knowledge of HTML5, CSS, PHP
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
FAO does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list
If you are in possession of language certificate/s from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT), please attach the certificate/s when submitting the application.
For more information, visit the FAO employment website
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline
If you need help please contact: Careers[at]fao[dot]org