• advocate for open data and open access policies by default, in both public and private sectors, whilst respecting and working to balance openness with legitimate concerns in relation to privacy, security, community rights and commercial interests;
• advocate for the release and re-usability of data in support of Innovation and Economic Growth, Improved Service Delivery and Effective Governance, and Improved Environmental and Social Outcomes;
With a focus on open data for agriculture and nutrition, the GODAN initiative seeks to:
• encourage the agreement on and release of a common set of agricultural and nutrition data;
• by increasing widespread awareness of ongoing activities, innovations, and good practices;
• advocate for collaborative efforts on future agriculture and nutrition open data endeavors; and,
• advocate programs, good practices, and lessons learned that enable the use of open data particularly by and for the rural and urban poor.