The General Assembly of Centers is a forum for CGIAR Research Centers to discuss issues related to the CGIAR System and CGIAR System Organization, and therefore an important linking mechanism for the CGIAR System as a whole.
The Centers meet as often as necessary, but at least once in each calendar year as a General Assembly of Centers. The rules of procedure of the General Assembly provide for the location and arrangements to conduct meetings.
Pursuant to the Charter of the CGIAR System Organization, the functions of the General Assembly:
- Nominate for election all candidates for members of the System Management Board in accordance with the agreed upon process and criteria
- Elect a Chair of the General Assembly of Centers
- Approve a mechanism based on a proposal from the System Management Board for determining the contribution of each Center to the operating budget of the System Organization
- Receive the reports of the Chair of the System Management Board and of the Executive Director of the System Organization
- Consider proposed amendments to this Charter
- Approve the Center representatives to serve on the System Council
For more information, please click here.