Location: Montpellier, France or an alternative CGIAR location
Grade: 4. The CGIAR System Organization has a grading scale of positions that range from grade 1 to grade 9, with 9 being the most senior
Reports To: Senior Advisor, CGIAR Executive Management Team
CGIAR is looking for a highly skilled and experienced communications professional to join the CGIAR System Organization. Reporting to the Senior Advisor, Executive Management Team, the Communications Officer will support the effective management of communications related to the One CGIAR transition.
- Working closely with the Project Manager for the One CGIAR transition, as well as communications experts across CGIAR and the leads of the relevant transition work streams, periodically review and propose updates to the communications milestones, activities, and associated resource requirements as part of the One CGIAR transition plan
- Working closely with the Project Manager as well as experts across CGIAR, develop, strengthen, and implement processes, practices, tools, and metrics to continuously monitor progress and outcomes across the planned communications activities, including stakeholder feedback.
- Identify needs for external expertise and support, consulting with the System Organization’s Finance and Procurement functions and the Project Manager to ensure timely procurement of resource required, in compliance with relevant procurement policies and processes.
- Lead the development, strengthening, and delivery of effective, regular broadcast communications on the One CGIAR transition, working in collaboration with the System Organization’s ICT and communications teams to leverage relevant digital assets (external and internal websites, social media, newsletters, virtual ‘town hall’ meetings, etc.).
- Provide direct, timely, and high-quality communication support to the EMT’s broadcast communications on the transition, including developing, writing, editing, and reviewing high-quality concept notes, briefings, speeches and speaking points, key messages, presentations, briefs, blogs, op-eds, bios, videos, social media messages and tool kits, and other collateral materials as required.
- Foster and contribute to highly collaborative teamwork and communication within the unit, the System Management Office, and across the CGIAR System as a whole; proactively participating in knowledge and capacity building initiatives to support the delivery of the Organization’s business and work plans.
Read full job description and apply here