The Civil Society Mechanism (CSM) for relations with the United Nations Committee on World Food Security (CFS) is looking for the period 8 September – 20 October 2018 (equivalent to a half time position from 8 Sept. to 7 of Oct. and with full time engagement from the period 8 to 20 of October 2018) a:
- Short-term Media and Press Consultant (Location: Rome, Italy)
The requested person will be asked to perform the activities spelled out by the CSM Communication Strategy, during CSM and CFS activities in September and October 2018, including the CFS 45thPlenary Session that will take place from 15 to the 19 of October 2018. The person will be:
- Facilitating the drafting of common media messages, press releases and joint statements of CSM participating organization in accordance with the CSM Communication guidelines;
- Facilitating contacts and relations with media networks and journalists;
- Facilitating CSM press activities and events;
- Facilitating CSM media messages through social networks and platforms in accordance with CSM Communication Guidelines;
- Supporting the drafting of the CSM daily paper addressed to CSM participating organizations during the CFS Plenary Week (15-19 October 2018);
The CSM is looking for a person who:
- Has at least 3 years of experience of media and press work on food security and nutrition issues and has a proved working experience in the organization and preparation of meetings and events with peoples’ organizations and social movements;
- Is fluent in English and has working knowledge of French and Spanish;
- Has excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Has good knowledge of Apple OS and social media platforms;
- Is committed, responsible and proactive with good problem-solving skills;
- Is able to work in a multi-cultural environment and able to contribute harmonically to team work;
- Is able to adapt to a flexible working schedule;
- Has preferably knowledge of CFS or FAO context;
- Has a substantial understanding of, and experience working with people’s organizations, social movements and Indigenous Peoples.
- Fluent in English, French and Spanish
- Supporting in registration of short video messages and picture shooting during events and meetings;
To the selected person will offer a so called “prestazione occasionale” working contract for the period mentioned above. Compensation will be communicated only to short listed candidates.
If interested, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining how you meet the selection criteria to csmrecruitments[at]gmail[dot]com by the 3rd of August 2018.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.The interviews will take place on the 7th and 8th of August via Skype.