Programme Development Officer (Innovation partnership and knowledge management)
Job Posting: 03/Dec/2022
Closure Date: 24/Dec/2022, 10:59:00 PM
Grade Level : P-3
Primary Location: Italy-Rome
Duration : Fixed-term: one year with possibility of extension
Key Results Technical expertise to support the planning, implementation and learning from GFAR Programme of Work and facilitate GFAR activities especially Collective Actions.
- Supports dialogue and collective actions between the Partners who make up the Forum.
- Communicates and monitors GFAR’s vision of making agrifood research and innovation more effective, responsive and equitable towards achieving Sustainable Development outcomes.
- Promotes and monitors the use of methodologies, tools and systems to support the planning, delivery and learning from programmes of work, collective actions and other GFAR initiatives.
- Produces reports, assessments and analyses, and participates in multidisciplinary teams, technical networks and cross-sector studies.
- Supports the coordination of knowledge capture from capacity development and knowledge sharing activities including learning events.
- Participates in international meetings aimed at advancing GFAR’s mission by supporting members’ and partners’ engagement.
- Liaises as appropriate with FAO’s relevant units and corporate activities (development and adoption of approaches and tools, contribution to Science and Innovation international meetings, technical events related to topics at the heart of GFAR’s mission/collective actions).
- Supports the GFAR Executive Secretary in setting up and implementing GFAR plan of action, mobilizing technical, human and financial resources, with particular reference to members’ engagement, partnership facilitation and Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning.
- Contributes to the development of corporate documents (Theory of Change, Engagement Principles, Partnership Principles) that provide strategic guidance and deliver awareness of GFAR roles and values.
- Engages GFAR’s members and partners and support processes initiating and establishing GFAR-enabled multi-stakeholder Collective Actions, ensuring complementarity between actors, equitable participation and integration of resource poor producers placed at the centre of these dynamics in accordance with GFAR Partnership Principles.
- Contributes to the Collective Action (CA) on Inclusive Digital Agriculture, and the preliminary steps of the CA on land tenure and climate change.
- Updates, refines and monitors the application of the GFAR Monitoring Evaluation & Learning (MEL) strategy.
- Coordinates the use of the MEL platform by staff and members to document and learn from all activities, in particular Collective Actions, including the collection of stories.
- Monitors the currency and application of the members’ engagement principles and coordinates with the membership manager, the communications specialist and the webmaster to ensure consistent implementation of the members’ database and the learning and knowledge hubs.
- Organizes and provides input to relevant meetings (Executive Committee, Steering Committee, Members/Partners Assembly).
More information and how to apply HERE