Programme Development Officer (Research, Innovation and Partnership), Rome, Italy
Job Posting: 03/Dec/2022
Closure Date: 24/Dec/2022, 10:59:00 PM
Job Type: Staff position
Grade Level : P-4
Primary Location: Italy-Rome
Duration : Fixed-term: one year with possibility of extension
Key Results Technical and policy expertise to devise and implement GFAR Programme of Work and facilitate GFAR activities especially Collective Actions.
- Mobilizes dialogue and collective actions between the Partners who make up the Forum.
- Spearheads and articulates GFAR’s vision of making agrifood research and innovation more effective, responsive and equitable towards achieving Sustainable Development outcomes also through the development of policies and strategies.
- Develops and implements methodologies, tools and systems to support the planning and delivery of programmes of work, collective actions and other GFAR initiatives.
- Manages the production of reports, assessments and analyses; leads multi-disciplinary teams; participates in technical networks and cross-sector studies.
- Coordinates technical backstopping to and ensures the quality/effectiveness of capacity development and knowledge sharing activities, including learning events.
- Ensures guidance in international meetings aimed at advancing GFAR’s mission by supporting members’ and partners’ engagement.
- Liaises as appropriate with FAO’s relevant units and corporate activities (development of strategies, organization of Science and Innovation international meetings, technical events related to topics at the heart of GFAR’s mission/collective actions).
- Advises the GFAR Executive Secretary in strategizing and implementing GFAR plan of action, mobilizing technical, human and financial resources, with particular reference to the transformation of research governance and the collaborative development of innovation, bringing together different stakeholders, worldviews and knowledge systems.
- Leads in methodological support and guidance to the co-creation and co-research approaches placing smallholder producers at the centre of innovation and of the pro-poor transformation of food systems.
- Contributes to the development of corporate documents (Theory of Change, Engagement Principles, Partnership Principles) that provide strategic guidance and deliver awareness of GFAR roles and values.
- Mobilizes GFAR’s members and partners to engage actively into the Forum’s activities, and provides advisory support and facilitation to processes initiating and establishing GFAR-enabled multi-stakeholder Collective Actions, ensuring complementarity between actors, equitable participation and integration of resource poor producers placed at the centre of these dynamics in accordance with GFAR Partnership Principles.
- Coordinates Collective Actions in the area of Forgotten Foods, Participatory Research and Higher Education.
- Supports GFAR members and partners to develop national, regional and global research and innovation agendas and concrete implementation plans embodied into Collective Action that respond to existing and emerging global challenges and trends for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Liaises content matter development with GFAR knowledge management and communication activities as appropriate.
- Coordinates the production of surveys, reviews, studies, articles, publications and the organization of presentations on topics that are related to GFAR flagship Collective Actions and to partnership building and co-innovation.
- Sustains the organization of outreach activities and production of inputs to relevant meetings (Executive Committee, Steering Committee, Members’/Partners’ Assembly).
- Participates in international conferences and field workshops presenting and facilitating GFAR Collective Actions.
- Builds further value from the relationships with FAO, the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and other key stakeholders (Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research – CGIAR, etc.)
More information and how to apply HERE