The International Network for Bamboo and Rattan (INBAR) is the only global inter-governmental development organization committed to reducing poverty and protecting the environment through the use of bamboo and rattan. With headquarters in Beijing, China and offices in India, Ethiopia, Ghana and Ecuador, the INBAR Secretariat supportsits41Member States worldwide and has links with a large number of international, regional, and national organizations.
INBAR is currently seeking an experienced and highly capable International Communication Specialist, who will be the main writer/editor for INBAR.
INBAR offers a competitive salary free of taxes in China, and limited international recruitment conditions.
- Write, oversee and edit key communication products and content needed by INBAR for its policy influence and outreach.
- Lead the creation and delivery of core INBAR communications products, services and publications (e.g. annual report, newsletters, reports, statements, etc.).
- Liaise with designers and graphic artists regarding visual content of INBAR communication products.
- Help with reporting/recording of meetings of INBAR Council and INBAR Board of Trustees.
- Oversee development and maintenance of INBAR global contacts list.
- Manage communications officers in INBAR Regional Offices.
- Develop and deliver (with support) communication plans for all INBAR major programmes and core thematic activities/campaigns.
- Lead and manage corporate identity and ‘look and feel’ of INBAR corporate communications.
- Supervise implementation of and adherence to INBAR branding guidelines
- Manage international media relations.
- Work as a team with Policy Officer, Marketing Officer, Chinese Communications Officers, and act from time-to-time as leader/coordinator of this team as requested
- And other tasks delegated by the Director-General
- Degree in communications, journalism or similar;
- Background in natural resources management. Experience with bamboo and/or rattan an advantage;
- At least 5 years working experience, preferably international. China experience an advantage;
- English native speaker with excellent English writing and editing skills.Chinese, French or Spanish language proficiency a great advantage;
- A good global network of media, communications and public relations contacts
- Experience with resource mobilization and prepared to help raise funds for the organization;
- Comfortable in a multi-cultural work environment, and interested in working in Beijing, China;
- A team player and a hands-on practitioner;
- Someone who is excited about the potential of bamboo and rattan in sustainable development.
Applications will be accepted until 15 June, 2016. All applications will be acknowledged, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please send a cover letter with your Curriculum Vitae to:
Human Resources Department, INBAR
Please indicate the position to which you are applying in the email subject line.
To learn more about INBAR, please visit www.inbar.int.